Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Newly Emerged Monarch

I have been saving these colorful photos.  They seem too great to scrap!  How could I ever do them justice?  Well, here is my attempt to show case the special event.  Our pet caterpillar, raised on milkweed, had finally completed it's transformation.  We raised three last year.


I followed a page sketch provided at Split Coast Stampers.  It is a Unity Stamp Company challenge that celebrates National Scrapbooking Day (May 5).  As a Unity fan, I couldn't resist the assignment!

The monarch butterfly is from the Embrace You set.  It's a very large butterfly.  I pop dotted the wing tips for dimension.  I also used my sewing machine to add some stitching around the circle.  The dot paper is Close To My Heart.  The letter stickers are Thickers.  The tiny type is Cosmo Cricket.




1 comment: