Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Edge Punch Technique

I'm going to show a technique, that I picked up via idea galleries online.  It may be new to some of you.  I call it "ruffles".


I used a Fiskars edge punch and cut it into narrow strips.  Next, gently started to pleat fold it into a gradual arch.  The goal is an oval shape to frame my 5x7 photo.  This technique is very forgiving, so mistakes are easily refolded or undone.


The photograph is already cut to size & matted for extra strength.  I continually set the photo on top of my oval to make sure it'll stick out around the edges evenly.


I used double stick tape to adhere my two strips of edging together.  Once added to the scrap page, I fill the inside with 3D dots so my stiffly matted photo can sit up and above all those folds. 



This page came together nicely!  I used some gold ribbon made of hard flowers.  Glue dots worked well to place them on.  They really added some class to the layout.



I did some multi-tone stamping in the void up top.  The Easter was cut on my Cricut & I filled the negative space with cute music note paper.   The papers, "Celebrate" tag, and velvet ribbon are all Webster's Pages.


This photo is of my son & my hubby's cousin's kid.  It's cute because Jason & his cousin spent a lot of time together when young.  It'll be so fun to see these two hang out  together through the years.

1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome Jane!!! I'll have to add that to my "to do" list

    ReplyDelete