Saturday, May 14, 2011

Split Coast Unity challenge

I'm trying to squeeze in one more challenge.  I didn't hear about it until a few days ago & was scrambling to get an entry done.  It's All Things Unity ATU "Tweet Tweet", with a killer prize!  100 free stamps, let me say that again *100* FREE STAMPS.  Wow, in my dreams!  It's worth a shot.

I started the page with some CTMH Clover cardstock & ink, for a tone on tone background.  Once stamped, I used my Cricut to out a nice scallped square.  I sponge inked the edges of the shape.



As I added the background plaid & a few primary scraps, the page got VERY colorful.  I was just matching things to his bible.  This photo is precious to me, he was so proud that day!


The tag was also from the "Material Girl" stamp set, and worked great for recording the facts.  I cut the bird using the Heritage cartridge on my Cricut.  The red leather letters are Thickers.  A few red buttons finished me off.  Thanks for looking at my work.  Don't forget to browse through all the Tweet challenge entries, they're very inspiring!


1 comment:

  1. I am sooo HAPPY you are LOVIN' Unity!!!!!! I knew you would ;) What beautifully sentimental page, one that will still mean something for years to come!

    ReplyDelete