Saturday, September 20, 2014

Skull Tag....and more



Well I finally figured out how to get back into my blog.  I was struggling after changing my internet browser. I'm a computer idiot.   But hooray, I figured it out on my own.

I got swept away in Tim Holtz's creative inspiration once again & made some fun tags for the September tag of the month.  Here is his wonderful example:

DSC00674

My skull creation is first:  It's a mini blueprint stamp & simple hole punches!

 

 
I did the skull stamping first.  Then I did some wet embossing with a sparkle clear powder. 
It's different than Tim's process, but was still a lot of fun.

 
The trick to my hefty bows is to use a full yard of ribbon, or way more than you normally
would.  This is one area NOT to skimp on supplies.  You'll notice an amazing difference in
your tags.  Trust me!
 
 

This next tag doesn't follow his example as well, but I got hooked on embossing!  That distress
ink resist look is so cool!  Again, I stamped my bat first, then colored it in, THEN did my distress ink.

 
I used some of his rub-ons for a Halloween theme tag.  Can you believe I broke out a fancy metal charm?  I tend to hoard this stuff, so alleluia for creativity that knows no hesitation!

 

So I have to ask....which tag do you like better?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, both your tags are great! Love the skull! KUDOS for artfully arranging the numerous hole punches! I absolutely LOVEEEE your bat tag … it's awesome & I've just pinned it! (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/500814421036828445/) Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete