Friday, July 22, 2011

Boy Quote Page

I'm trying a new blog challenge out, called Once Upon A Sketch.  The sketch for July 15th looks like this:

I made a page of my son when he got his Buzz Lightyear tent for Christmas.  It came in a backpack with a flashlight & compass. 


The Quote is from a vellum stack by DCWV, I cut it into strips.  It's the sweetest saying ever!





Gems did the trick of adhering the vellum, which can often be tricky.  It kind of highlighted the quote as well.


The zig-zag was cut on my Cricut out of Close To My Heart paper from the You Rock kit.  The background blue sheet is also CTMH, the Splendor kit.  I sponged inked around the lime dot paper and added some ric-rac.


This is an international contest, with superb prizes.  Once Upon A Sketch is packed full of great ideas, so I'll be using it often!

5 comments:

  1. Best boy page EVER! That zig zag is darling and you're right the quote is so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane good on you and thanks for joining our challenge at OUAS. Great job with Nadia's sketch. A super fun boy lo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I really like the zig zag look down the center. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone who's raising boys, I love seeing your boy-themed pages! great work!
    Thanks for taking part in our OUAS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the sketch, and what a cute boy page! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete