Monday, November 14, 2011

Unity + Canvas

Halloween is always so fun with the kids, but often the costumes don't go well with the traditional colors.  This layout uses black, blue & ivory instead of what you'd expect. 


A frilly pumpkin from the Bones About Halloween Unity stamp set on canvas makes a great focal point amongst a cluster of photos.


I thought those ghosts were so cute with googlie eyes!  It's a simple page, but it was fun to play with canvas!



This layout is the interpretation of a poem for the challenge at theunitystampco-challenge.

Autumn Harvest

I been thinking about summer ending
fall beginning, about Halloween
and all the children dressed in glad array.
I been thinking
about apple cider, good to drink
pumpkin pie
and the sounds of trick or treat.
I been thinking
about the days getting shorter
and the wind and rain
making the leaves fall to the earth again
acorns and pinecones, late blooming flowers
harvest, candy apples, I been thinking.
- Linda Seaver

2 comments:

  1. Clever girl with those canvas ghosts! This is so amazing and the kiddos looks so adorable in their costumes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you: holiday layouts do not need to have traditional holiday colors! I love what you did with canvas on this layout. It's very cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete